This course is planned on-site. Workshop times will be from 9:00am until 5:00pm. In case the workshop would be in a remote setting, course hours would be from 9:00am until 4:00pm.
For most students the entry into a business life is a challenge. In this workshop we will discuss some details of application procedures, we will critically review the information you place in your CV and will practice job interviews. Furthermore, we will talk about obligations you have towards the employer once you start to work.
• The labour market and its impacts on the application strategy
• The completeness of our application documents from musts and choices
• Answering convincingly job interview questions<br>
• Fitting your application strategy to the need and process of particular employers
• You will learn how to apply successfully: the documents, the interviews, the follow-ups
• You will learn to prepare for interviews: your moment to impress the others
• You will train your self-marketing competences: how to emphasize your strengths intelligently
• You will learn about the quality of collegial consultancy and will be able to support and be supported during your application phase
• You get to know details about day-to-day issues in work life
• Theoretical input
• Group, pair and individual exercises
• Practicing contact situations
• Feedbacks and collegial consultancy
Individual performance and assessment:
In order to do the two assignments you will need to prepare: an up-to-date Curriculum vitae and a cover letter. Please send the cv and cover letter to Monika Clausen no later than 10 days before the course starts. In addition, participants will receive an evening assignment (approximately 2 hour working time) to be completed until the following day. To obtain the ECTS point each participant is required to bring the prep-work, to participate actively during the class, and to complete work on the overnight assignment.
Dr. Monika Clausen, trainer and coach for industrial partners, university clients and individuals. She offers an own training curriculum covering a broad spectrum of career related topics, bringing in a rich and manifold professional background (head of shared services center, head hunter, postdoc fellow at ETH and University of Zurich, PhD plant science at the Salk Institute in San Diego)