Setting for on-campus training:
Workshop times will be from 9:00am until 5:00pm with a 1 hour lunch break and coffee breaks. The course is planned to be held in-person. Nevertheless, if restrictions of any kind are necessary the virtual setting will be slightly shorter with sessions from 9:00am until 4:00pm.
A convincing self-presentation builds on self-confidence, awareness and proudness on achievements, and knowledge about self-sabotage traps. Often, people have prejudices against self-selling or self-marketing activities and are not aware on how to do an impressive self-presentation in a coherent way. The workshop is focusing on four main topics: reflection on self-confidence, development of communication skills, practicing self-presentation, and discussion of tips and tricks for improved self-marketing.
· Success stories: reflecting on life events and identifying self-marketing moments
· Self-presentation: exercising self-presentation in various situations
· Communication: verbal and non-verbal communication
· Social interactions: how to handle difficult situations
· reflect on their achievements and discover sparkling moments
· learn to give and get feedback
· get feedback on the (first) impressions they give
· reflect on their communication behaviour
· learn about ways to handle difficult situations
· get tools to make lasting arguments
This course with the whole title "Unfolding your self-confidence: Reflecting on achievements, practicing a convincing self-presentation and learning of handling difficult social interactions" is a further development of the former workshop on "Self-marketing Skills" by the same trainer.
Dr. Monika Clausen, trainer and coach for industrial partners, university clients and individuals. She offers an own training curriculum covering a broad spectrum of career related topics, bringing in a rich and manifold professional background (head of shared services center, head hunter, postdoc fellow at ETH and University of Zurich, PhD plant science at the Salk Institute in San Diego).