Do you need advice on a personal matter or an issue regarding scientific standards? Then don't hesitate to contact the coordinator of your PhD program or your supervisor (or any member of your thesis committee). You can also ask Susanna or Helen at the Graduate School administrationfor a first advice. Don't wait too long if something is seriously bothering you.

Both the University of Zurich and ETH Zürich have a wide range of counseling offers for doctoral students who are in an extraordinary or complicated situation in life and need advice. Below, we have collected important links where you can find help in difficult personal situations and also get advice on best scientific practices.

University of Zurich

Students' advice at UZH

- Advice at the faculties MNF und MEF (Ombudpersonen)
- Questions regarding research integrity, inkl. Best Practice Recommendations-Booklet
- Personal advice on several topics like psychological coaching, conflict management and health
- Services by Graduate Campus UZH

ETH Zürich

Students' advice at ETH

- Help and advice in emerency situations
- Conflict- and crisis management
- further Links (HR, AVETH...)
- How are you? Test yourself

Best Scientific Practices & Scientific Integrity

The following links take you to specilists on the topic on both UZH and ETH.

UZH: Research Integrity (in German)

ETH: Ombudspersons and trusted intermediaries